InSTEDD, in partnership with Google.org, launched the first iLab located in Phnom Penh, Cambodia in 2008. The goal was to help the social and technical sides of the humanitarian sector come together to collaborate on health, safety and development issues affecting the Mekong Basin region.
At the iLab Southeast Asia, solutions are developed and evolved in the field. Our team designs and uses context-appropriate tools to help our partners overcome obstacles that hinder collaboration, allowing them to work more effectively to improve health, safety and development. We work side-by-side with our partners in their communities throughout the process of design, implementation and evaluation.
Our team works collaboratively to invent new technologies, adapt existing tools to the local context, provide training and support, and evaluate outcomes in a cycle of continuous improvement.
Position: Technical Director
We are seeking a leader with experience and proficiency in developing and managing software teams. He/she should possess development experience in building custom web based systems and delivering high value results to clients.
The Technical Director must have experience in designing high value web applications leveraging open source technologies. Responsibilities include being creative, inventive and inspired to build great software. Work as a leader in software development with internal executives and clients to architect new features and functionality.
- 3+ years of managing commercial software projects or teams
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Practical knowledge of object-oriented and enterprise design patterns
- Demonstrated experience in software testing and deployment cycles
- Demonstrated experience motivating teams and driving ownership
- Demonstrated experience managing project timelines and setting expectations
- Experience with high volume, multi-threaded and multi-channel applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with high enthusiasm and consistent follow-through including driving consensus across various stakeholders
- Experience with VOIP, SIP and Asterisk
- Experience with Scrum / Agile methodologies
- Experience with Linux and the open source software community
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted via e-mail.
For more about InSTEDD iLab Southeast Asia,
visit: www.ilabsea.org or follow us on Twitter: @iLabSEA